Saturday, November 27, 2010

Please, please, please work...

I finally have a date! (That statement is oddly reminiscent of myself in high school.) Tuesday will be my big day - IUI #5. I know this one is going to work, though, so never you mind that it's the fifth one. I went in today for my check-up and got to see a picture of my lead follicle - it's big and happy and ready to be fertilized! If this all works out, I will get to brag that I got to see my baby before it was even a baby. Yeah, pregnant women, how many of you can say that?

My doctor was very pleased with my follicle and my lining, and said that it even had a buddy - a "backup" if you will. That's cool. I'll take one big and one medium egg over 15 gigantic eggs any time. Well, except in January, when we do the IVF if this doesn't work out… then I'll want enough eggs to fill an Easter basket.

In any case, this week I'm thankful for REs and nurses who come in on the weekend, little follicles that hang in there, and a husband who understands that "no means no" when you're abstaining for an IUI. He's such a good boy.

2 comments:

  1. I would love you problem of producing too many eggs! I can't make any! I am happy that you have your IUI scheduled for Tuesday. Wishing you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally was thinking the same thing yesterday about how amazing it would be to show my child an ultrasound picture of their egg! Great minds think alike!! I would love to have your problem too of producing too many eggs and having them grow...Lucky, lucky! I hope everything goes great on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete