Monday, December 6, 2010

No News Isn't Necessarily Good News

6DPO and no news. Is that good or bad? I don't have a hint of nausea, not a single bit of spotting or swelling. My chest hurts a little bit, but that happens every cycle. A friend of mine tells me that many women don't even know they're pregnant until well after their cycle, but I contest that most women aren't waiting for any minute sign of a fertilized / implanted egg. I am not "most women". I am 26 cycles into the longest wait of my life.

Maybe I'm mentally preparing myself, maybe it's the pernicious effect of 125 crazy kids on my psyche, or maybe it's the fact that this is my my fifth one...but I can't seem to be optimistic about this IUI. I'm already feeling very down and disappointed. I'm having a hard time concentrating at work, and I can't stop crying.(Usually this state of mind is reserved for the day I start my cycle and realize that all the work has been for naught.)

I've said it before and I'll say it again (much to my dismay): I'm not sure what 'pregnant' feels like, but I know what 'not pregant' feels like...and this is pretty much it.

I need some Taio Cruz.

4 comments:

  1. don't give up hope just yet.... pregnancy is different for everyone (so I'm told). I am trying to say this everytime I think this didn't work "everyday, in every way, my baby grows strong and healthy". I am sure that is a bit weird but it helps me stop my negative thought spiral.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't have a single symptom until AT LEAST 12dpiui and then it was only little twingy cramps. I didn't get tenderness in my tatas or any other symptoms until well into my 5th week. Do not lose hope yet, its a long wait but its not one without a light at the end of the tunnel. Chin up kiddo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading your timeline I can't believe how similar it feels. I am kind of glad (in a weird-hindsight-only way) our local Dr was so incompetent - it gave us the push to see a real RE.

    I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I hope it turns out well for you this time!

    ReplyDelete