Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My Body is a (Slightly Flawed) Temple

When this all blows over, I'm going to be a paragon of physical health. I went to the doctor's office recently(totally unrelated and unfair illness - a sinus infection), and she told me that I have a nice, low blood pressure. "Well," I wanted to tell her, "I am taking an inordinate amount of vitamins. I drink only organic 2% milk, eat three squares a day, monitor my artificial hormone intake, and run regularly. I drink at least one cup of green tea every evening, and consume only minimal caffeine. I've honed my Coke habit to only one about every other day, and I drink at least a liter of water before bedtime. My husband and I refrain from drinking alcohol for two weeks of every month, and limit our consumption to less than one drink a day during the other two. So, really, it doesn't surprise me that I might have the slightest indication of better-than-average health."

But I didn't say that, obviously. Still, I guess I should be happy that the only real physical "side effects" of trying really hard to have a baby are good ones: you exercise, eat right, and sleep more, just so you can be ready to carry a sweet little baby. If and when my body ever decides to work, it's going to be running on all four cylinders.

No comments:

Post a Comment