Monday, May 17, 2010

Come On, Get Happy!

My running shoes are just sitting there, begging me to come out and play. Since I gave up my 5K a few weeks ago (after giving up the 10K earlier), I've been reluctant to start running again. Sometimes I feel like it's not worth it. My competitive nature wants a race, a purpose, a time to beat. Running just to run has never been my forte. But it always seems to lift my spirits, no matter what. Even though I know that it will be tough, I am going to lace them up, do some warm-ups, and put on my fancy new iPod. Sometimes it's hard to do the things that you know will make you happy in the long run. Though I feel like I have a good work ethic, I am also very instant-gratification oriented, and have a hard time working toward something that is very far off in the future - whether it's running to get in shape or fighting to "cure" my infertility. And sometimes, you have to wait a LOT longer than you thought for something that you wanted...something that you are sure is going to make you happy.

But every journey begins with the first step. Lace up your shoes, call your RE, walk out the door, spend the precious $1,000, and begin to run. It will all make you happy in the end...

1 comment:

  1. I'm running a 5k on the fourth of July...or a half-marathon in August...you know you want to!

    ReplyDelete