Saturday, May 1, 2010

Share and Share Alike

The reason for a blog had eluded me until early this year. I thought that blogs were just for philosophical introverts, or for people sharing pictures and narratives of trips accross the globe. Not until I began struggling with the most bizarre problem I've ever experienced (not being able to conceive a child) did I begin to understand the value of reading someone else's daily rambling. There is strength in solidarity. There is solace in sympathy. And there is a certain satisfaction in having others acknowledge that you are dealing with something beyond your comprehension. I've been keeping an offline "blog" for a few months now, and have decided to share it. It may be self-absorbed, and it may be silly, but if there is one person who reads it and feels like less of a stranger in a world full of budding families, then I feel validated. And, let's face it: sometimes I can be pretty funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment