Saturday, May 15, 2010

You Know What, Infertility? I AM Awesome!

Sometimes it's good to do things that counter-act the pernicious effects of infertility. Today, I went whitewater rafting - something that I used to do quite often, but stopped because I was "delicate". (That means that I was constantly hoping that I was pregnant, and therefore didn't do any activities that I perceived as potentially dangerous to my imaginary fetus. I know, I know…) As I floated down the river, kicking its butt, I remembered that I was a real bad-ass of a girl and I can do a lot more than just procreate. For instance, I can guide a boatload of five people safely down a class IV section of whitewater on the mighty Arkansas River. Not just everyone can do that! Pretty much anyone can get pregnant - it doesn't take any skill whatsoever. (Shut up.) Even if I can't produce a baby, I can still do some pretty cool things. If pregnancy were contingent upon how awesome you were, I'd be a shoe-in. Now if I can just figure out what it IS contingent upon...

(Note: The guide in the photo is NOT me. My run was awesome.)

1 comment:

  1. You ARE awesome! I couldn't agree more. I completely trust you with my life - especially when navigating the almighty Arkansas. ;)

    ReplyDelete