Monday, June 28, 2010

What to Expect When You're Not Expecting Much

Gulp. Here goes. We're going in for IUI #3. After whining about completing a procedure too early (thanks to bad weekend timing), we're doing it on CD 15. Is that too late? Did I already ovulate? Have those tiny twinges in my lower abdomen been good signs or bad signs? So many questions…no answers, just hope.

There doesn't seem to be any reason why I haven't fallen pregnant naturally. There's also no identifiable reason why the previous IUI's haven't worked. So, I don't really see any reason why this one should, either. It's not that I've lost hope - it's still perching patiently in my soul like Emily Dickinson said it would - but I have certainly set my expectations lower this time. I expect this not to work. I expect to endure the 2WW as I normally do. I expect not to feel swollen, get morning sickness, or see spotting. I expect to tell my parents that the third time was not, contrary to popular belief, a charm. I certainly do not expect to see two blue lines on a white stick on day 30. What do I expect? To keep my head up, take the next step, and continue on my journey to motherhood.

At the very least, I get to have the day of with my hubby. And Panera bread and soup. It's that good. Seriously.

1 comment:

  1. My fingers are for you. Good Luck.

    (HUGS)

    ReplyDelete