Monday, July 12, 2010

Trip Update

Hello all!

This is your intrepid infertile explorer writing to you from the far corners of civilized Western Europe. We are currently in a lovely little hamlet called Harrogate, where there seem to be an inordinate number of both retirees (pensioners) and...you guessed it - babies. Good god, is there something in the water here? Incidentally, there is a "miracle" well of sulpher water in town that I attempted to drink, just in case. If the cure-all for infertility is in water that smells like rotten eggs and tases like the inside-out bowels of roadkill, then count me out. Nothing that foul could be the cure for anything, except a relationship that you want out of. (One sniff of that on your breath would send any man running.)

Hubby and I have had a really nice time rambling around the Yorkshire countryside. So much, in fact, that I'm almost able to turn a blind eye to all of the adorable prams being pushed about. Almost... But don't worry, my friends, as it turns out there are a plethora of baby-challenged women here in the UK, too. It seems to be as much an issue here as it is there. I even read an article in a magazine (much like a younger version of Redbook) about a new book by a guru of infertility about a special diet for IVF. (Which looks like I may need to pick up, as plan A did not work out, sadly. More on that later, still drying my tears at the moment.)

Must go - early to sleep and rise tomorrow. Jetting of to London for a half-day, then Germany on Wednesday. Hope you all are weathering your collective joys and sorrows well, I will be back to read and comment in just one short week.

All the best,

Ashlee

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to hear that you are have a nice time. Don't forget to check out my blog when you get back. I still have something for you.

    Ana

    ReplyDelete