Monday, October 4, 2010

Coolest Party Favor Ever

I waffled. I cried. I denied. And then I caved. We were going to go "holistic" for the next few months, but then I called my RE to ask her some questions. I ended up talking to one of the nurses, who patiently answered all of my queries and calmed all of my fears. She, as it turns out, had also gone through infertility and knew exactly what I was feeling. (Never got that feeling from my actual RE - who seems to think that getting an IUI takes about the same emotional toll as a dental filling.) Since I knew I was going to start my cycle on Saturday, I went ahead and scheduled an appointment for today, CD3. So, I went to my first appointment for a gonadatropin IUI. It's more expensive, it requires three times more visits….but it has a much higher rate of success. We're giving it a try. Full speed ahead!

I walked out of the office today with a baggie full of new drugs. I felt a little giddy - like the lucky recipient of a goodie bag from a birthday party. The bag was even Tiffany blue. Tucked inside were boxes upon boxes of nifty-sounding drugs and cool new syringes. I even got a bonus stash of alcohol swabs. What could be better? If this little goodie bag contains the magic ingredients to motherhood, I'm gonna carry it home and dive on in. Only an infertile could get this excited about a bag full of pills, needles, and vials. Well, an infertile or a hard-core addict. I'm glad I'm the former.

Update: Could never be addict. Just stuck myself with that needle (bigger than the Ovadril, thankyouvermuch) and decided to forswear any further activities that necessitate things that puncture my skin.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you're going for it. There's something about taking the bull by the horns and giving it your best shot even if it requires needles and a bit more money. Here's to a successful IUI! :)

    ReplyDelete