Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Waiting is for Weenies

Ugh. My 25 IU of Follistim have resulted in three pretty good-looking follicles. The smaller ones (all six of them) have seemed to stop growing, which is good. (Farewell, eggs, we never knew you…) But my RE thinks that we won't be on until Wednesday of next week for an IUI. Doesn't that seem a little long? It'll be CD17…is that odd? How can I not know the answers to these questions? (I am a complete idiot while in the exam room -it's like a vortex of self-awareness. I can never think of my questions until I'm a good 20 miles from there. Maybe it's the fact that I’m usually not wearing any pants that renders me quite speechless. I may never know.) Why is this so hard? With all that nature and science can do (both in tandem and of their own accord), why can't they just make this happen? I guess the miracles of life aren't called that because they're easy.

So it's back to waiting, injecting, and feeling generally pretty useless. Maybe I'll cook something. If I can't provide my husband with a child, at least I can make a delicious batch of green chili, right? Right?!

4 comments:

  1. I loved your post. I too forget all of the questions I have been agonizing over as soon as I get to my fertility clinic. I even write them down before hand and I manage to forget them or I decide that they aren't as important as soon as I get to there. I am glad I am no the only one. Hubby made me Chili tonight for dinner and it was delicious! I have never had green chili though sounds hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had my IUI done a week ago, it was on CD18 for me. I think the good thing with follistim and good monitoring, slow and steady wins the race... or aka makes the best eggs in the end. I was on 75IU of 600IU for almost 2 weeks. After a whole year of trying, it was the only thing that got us results.

    Good luck to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your last paragraph makes me laugh. My husband tells me all the time I'm such a great cook, but I'd trade that skill in a heartbeat to give him a baby!

    And I don't think CD17 sounds too long into your cycle for an IUI. My first (and only) one was on CD16, because they had to wait for my eggs to grow properly.

    Maybe you can practice asking your husband questions with no pants on, and see if that better prepares you for next visit? ;)

    Happy Thanksgiving, enjoy your brownies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm right there with you, never know what to ask till I'm back home asking my blogger friends. I hope that CD17 is just perfect or you and that everything works well. There are so many of us doing IUI's this month, I hope that we can all have parenting blogs very soon!

    ReplyDelete