Monday, November 22, 2010

Suspicions Confirmed: I Am an 18-Year-Old Stuck in a 30-Year-Old Body

So, I was rocking out to Taio Cruz's "Dynamite" (can't get enough of it), and I was thinking to myself, "Self, aren't you a little old to love this song? Should you really be thinking about putting on a cute little dress, a hot pair of peep-toe platforms and getting down in the club?" Most of the time, I tell myself to shut up and keep running (it's my favorite song on my running playlist), but sometimes, I think that I am, in fact, an 18 year-old stuck in a 30 year-old body.

Today, my RE offered scientific evidence of this fact: I produce eggs like a teenager. Seriously. Last time they started me on 125 IU, I produced so many follicles I thought my RE was going to call the Guinness Book. This time, she started me on the dubious amount of only 50 IU. When I went in for my appointment today, she looked wide-eyed at the screen and said, "How old are you again?" I replied, "Um, thirty." "Wow," she replied, "it looks like you're 18." (And she wasn't talking about my baby face. Although the medication does make me break out like a pre-pubescent version of myself.)

I'm not in danger of being Octomom again this time, though I'm still producing a few too many. So, she backed me off to 25 IU of Follistim, which is, she said, the lowest dose possible. It's practically non-existent. At least I'm saving a bit of money on the drugs. Bonus! Next appointment is Wednesday, and the IUI should be Saturday. What are my Thanksgiving plans, you ask? I'm getting knocked up artificial style.

It's what the holidays are all about.

4 comments:

  1. I am totally jealous but happy for you. I thought I might have the same experience as you but was very wrong. I seriously forget that I am 35 on a daily basis. I love teen movies, music and television. I drive my husband crazy with my taste in movies. We both laughed when the movie 13 going on 30 came out because that sounded like an appropriae title for my autobiography.
    Anyways send me some of your magical follicle dust because I seriously need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I love the pen story. I hate pen clicking and tapping......drives me insane!!!! I will have to try to throw one down the hallway I love when the kids are quiet out of pure shock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This puts a whole different spin on the whole turkey baster stereotype... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm nearing 30 and still look 18 (and sometimes still act like I'm 18), so I can relate. I've had several teachers stop me in the hallway while I'm on my way to sub and ask, "Where are you going? Should you be in the hall right now?" Um...yes, because you're paying me to be here! :P

    My fingers will be crossed for you this week!!! You go get knocked up, friend!!!

    ReplyDelete