Sunday, December 19, 2010

Now My Body is Just Mocking Me

Here I am on day 35 of my cycle, with no apparent reason. I've taken multiple pregnancy tests (all negative, of course) and am clearly not pregnant, so why the tardiness? It is frustrating to watch the single pink line appear in the tiny window of a pregnancy test, for sure, but it's even more frustrating to have to sit around and wait for another week or two to begin another cycle. Not only am I not pregnant, but now I'm not pregnant and not even cycling normally. You suck, body, you suck.

My RN wanted me to come in for a blood test on Friday, just to check things out, but the holidays are a time of running around, skipping out, and generally over-booking yourself, so I wans't able to. What was she going to check for, anyway? I've been on Crinone (progesterone) since 3DPO, so I'm sure my body is all out of whack and doesn't know which hormones came from me or a plastic tube.

I can't help but think of the women on that TV show - 'I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant' - and hope that maybe, just maybe, I'm a one-in-a-million biological anomaly who can be pregnant and not test positive / show any normal signs at all. Can that happen? Can it please happen to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment