Monday, March 28, 2011

Back to Baby Steps (No Pun Intended)

We have taken the last three months off from medical procedures. (No, I did not fall off the grid or into a giant hole in the ground.) We were going to try our first IVF in January, but I just couldn't handle it, especially after a crushing disappointment in December. These last few months have, thankfully, restored me to my sanity and given me some time to relax, focus on my job, and get back in touch with my husband. (When pressed, he will say that the thing that bugs him the most about me is my inability to cope with getting my period every month. I get very emotional, to say the least.) I have found a few new hobbies that have been keeping me busy (Hint: one of them involves copious amounts of alfalfa treats and a new pair of Justin boots. Joy!) I have successfully eliminated all talk of babies, pregnant women, or "procedures" from my daily conversations. It has been a nice break.

But I am back. I am happy to see that a few of my blog buddies (I am sorry that I haven't even checked on you, commented, or congratulated) are pregnant. I am also nervous to begin our first IVF next month. There is so much to think about and plan for.

So I will take a deep breath...and retitle my blog "Another Year of Trying". Maybe this will be the one. Evey journey begins with a few steps, right?

4 comments:

  1. I sure hope this IVF round works for you! Sometimes its nice to get out of the blogging world and focus on other things...its a great distraction from trying to get pregnant. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I was wondering what had happened to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be doing IVF next month too. I'm hopng April will be a great month for so many of us!

    ReplyDelete