Thursday, August 4, 2011

Awesome!

Today we had our first appointment with Dr.K. It was great! She was hurried, as all doctors are, but very thorough and very nice. She is funny, fun, and kind, too. I was so nervous for this appointment. I know very few women in this area who have had kids, and therefore could only use websites and the phone book to help me get reviews. It was basically a blind guess. Would I like the doctor? Would her office be accommodating? Would she give me the 8-week ultrasound that my previous doctor had said I should have? (The receptionist said that they don't "normally" do one at this stage if one has already been performed, but it would be up to the doctor.)

Oh, I got my ultrasound. After a very loooong medical history (really thought I'd be past all that thanks to all the tests we've already been through - wrong), she gave me a quick once-over. Let me tell you: the part where she sticks her hand up to feel the 'space' in my pelvis...that was a lot of fun.

And then we got to see our little tater tot for the second time. (My sister visited this weekend and, when she was trying to convince me to stop at Sonic for lunch, said, "You need to feed your little tater tot some delicious tots!" It was one of those statements that may have been funnier at the time, but I like the name (and tots are my one junk-food weakness), so it's sticking.

I'm just another pregnant lady, now. And that feels so good. Though she took it into consideration and congratulated us for working through a long infertility process, she seemed to treat me like any other 8-week pregnant woman that would walk through the door. I got a pregnancy "goody bag" with lots of samples and magazines, even another book! I feel like I've won the lottery...and I deserve to feel excited and happy after a long three years. I have oficially "graduated" to normal, and I like it.

5 comments:

  1. Yay!!! You totally deserve to soak up every moment of being pregnant! I am SO excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY HOORAY! I'm SO excited for you two, and your little tater tot (adorable!)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable little tot!!! :)

    Congrats plain ol' pregnant lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you got that U/S. They should be extra accomodating since we are a little more than 'just pregnant'.
    I am glad things are going well and I would actually love to chat via phone or text sometime. I don't have any pregnant friends right now except my boss! It's nice to sometimes feel close to someone else who has gone through what you have. E-mail me and let me know what you think. lissmo@hotmail.com

    MissConception

    ReplyDelete