Sunday, August 7, 2011

I'm a Charlotte

We all remember SATC, right? You either thought you were a 'Carrie', 'Miranda', 'Charlotte', or 'Samantha'. I'm sure there are still FB web quizzes that you can take to see which character you resemble most. I never thought I'd turn out to be a Charlotte - who had trouble having a baby. Sigh. I so wanted to be a Carrie.

When Charlotte finally did get pregnant (ahh, the myth that women suddenly get pregnant after adopting a baby), she was scared to go running. Even after her doctor told her that it was okay, she was still nervous. But she eventually became more confident and started running again.

Eh. I'm not so sure. As I stated in my last post, I haven't been running lately (i.e. since April) because I've been trying to give my body only one thing to work at: getting / staying pregnant. And I don't mind giving it up. I've been walking every day, and I'm not really one of those fanatic runners who lives on the high you get after a good run. I just like being outside. All I know about exercise is that I'm not supposed to get my heartrate up past 140 bpm. So, I'll just continue being a Charlotte until, maybe, I feel so confident in my pregnancy that I'm willing to step it up.

And thanks to my "back-to-school" shopping trip last week, I can still be a little bit Carrie.

5 comments:

  1. I am too. I run almost everyday I would say 6x's a week. I just love being outside especially in the morning in the summer. Arizona is hot! I am just starting stims and I am not going to run much if at all just walk. When I get pregnant I probably won't run much either then. It scares me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm SO a Charlotte. From being obsessed about getting married, to wanting a baby, to the fertility woes. Yep. I totally get this.

    It's more than okay for you to do whatever you have to do to feel comfortable with this pregnancy. If that means you don't go running, then don't go running. And certainly, don't beat yourself up about it! There will be plenty of time for running when you are parenting. :-)

    Thinking of you, and hoping that things continue to progress well.

    Much love,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do whatever makes you most comfortable. I have never been a runner, but I know that I will sacrifice what I need to when it comes to protecting my babies. I take it easy when I can so as not to stress them out and only walk. Maybe I could do more, but I worked too hard to get here and won't do anything to mess it up. Maybe I am being overly cautious but while they are inside me I will do what I think is safest.

    Don't feel bad about anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who needs to run?! We'll do a fun run after the tater tot arrives. I'll keep my eye out for a good prenatal yoga video - I hear that's a safe bet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say be as cautious as you want to be!! Whatever makes you feel best and most confident is the ideal. You don't want to add anything that adds stress -- especially when it is supposed to be making you feel healthier! So, be a Charlotte! :)

    ReplyDelete