Monday, August 8, 2011

First Day Back!

We don't actually  have to be back at school until the 15th of this month, but everyone knows that teachers don't adhere to contract hours. I've been hitting the teaching resources for the past two weeks now, scouring education blogs and pouring over my newly-released scores (boo, by the way).

Of course, I ran into two women who knew that I was having my IVF this summer, but I didn't tell about our good news. (Even though Dr. K said that telling people at 9 weeks was prudent, I guess I'm just a nervous Nelly and will be waiting until my next u/s at 12 weeks.) And of course, they asked. (One by patting her belly and looking inquisitive.)

Maybe I shouldn't have told anyone what we were doing? I know this is a common question with IUI/IVF'ers. To tell or not to tell? Well, now I'm wishing I hadn't, evern though the support they gave me at the time (end of a long school year) was very helpful.

My answer? "I'll let you know in three weeks." That's all they need to know. I didn't tell them if I actually had the procedure yet, if I'd be getting a test in three weeks...anything. I was vague. But I think they were both satisfied with that answer. After all, it's still a very personal journey.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with all the back to school prep! We're getting started that way here, too.

    I think your "three week" response was a good one. Kind of leaves them up in the air and is a good way to keep them from questioning all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I made the mistake of telling people when we tested and then they directly ask. If you give me your email address, I'll tell you what the outcome was. Not revealing it on the blog quite yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I told my daughter that getting pregnant was so quick for me, three times, that I never gave it a second thought about any problems. I never appreciated being blessed so easily. I feel honored to be able to enjoy her pregnancy through her eyes and appreciate every small detail. This is exciting.

    ReplyDelete