Thursday, August 5, 2010

I May Not Be a Good Procreator...

…but I'm a pretty dang good aunt, sister, and daughter. Recently, I had the opportunity (re: year of scrimping and saving) to visit my sister, brother-in-law, and their 18-month old daughter in Germany. It was a wonderful trip and, of course, I took the opportunity to shoot some adorable pictures of my niece. We did family pictures, individual pictures, and vast amounts of pictures of the baby. I even took a video of her singing (or trying to sing) the ABC's. It's pretty darn cute.


So now, I have a bunch of pictures of the little darling, and I think to myself: "You know who would really love these? The grandparents!" So I create a CD cover, select the very best of the photos, burn them to a disk, and pop them in the mail. I send one to my sister, one to our parents, and one to the other set of grandparents. Gratis. Because I know it will bring them joy. At one point, I realize that I would rather be sending them all pictures of my own daughter. I should be packaging up a CD of a baby who looks like me, loves her Grandpa, and is learning to play in the garden next to her Daddy. But, alas, that is not to be. So, even if I can't give them the good news they've been waiting for from me…I can at least herald the coming of my niece's two front teeth. It's better than nothing.

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic thing to do! I'll bet your sister and the grandparents will really appreciate that! And, what a cutie niece!

    Hopefully it will be your child you are sending pictures of soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't being an Aunt SO wonderful !!!! I love it !!!!
    My Nephew is in Germany right now too, thats where his Daddy lives :)

    That was a very nice thing for you to do, one day you will be
    sending pictures of your own!!!

    ReplyDelete