Sunday, August 1, 2010

Try It, It's Fun

You know those annoying i.Phone commercials that have been cluttering up your favorite TV time slot? You know the ones...all with baby-oriented selling points? First, there's the one where the woman asks her husband, "Do you have a minute? I'm pregnant!" Then there's the one where the dad gets to see his baby via phone for the first time. (Yes, I know he's in the military and I should not be so spiteful, but my bitterness knows no bounds.) Well, there IS a way to get through these commercials without throwing the remote control into the TV screen. Make up your own dialogue! My favorite is to hit 'mute' and start like this: "Hi Honey. Sorry to bother you at the office, but do you have a minute? Well, your brother and I hooked up when you passed out at the Superbowl party last January, and…well…I’m pregnant. Yeah, I know, right? It's crazy!" And so on. It's even better if you get the "seeing the baby" one later, because then you can dub in a conversation about how psyched the mom is that it's his brother's baby, because at least it kinda looks like him.

Oh man, I kill me. The things I will do to keep corporate advertising from ruining my mood.

4 comments:

  1. Ok, you have completely entertained me. What a great post.

    Oh, yeah.... one more thing. Have you seen the one with the Grandpa seeing the grandchild for the first time? If so I would love to hear your commentary on that one too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate those commercials!!!! soon as I see them I change the channel and swear a lot!! I will never buy an Iphone now.

    Thank you for commenting on my blog, I created my fertility group on my own. There is a website called www.meetup.com and I put my group up there and a few woman joined. We meet once a month and do different activities each time. Usually there are only 3 or 4 ppl that come, but its fun. I think in a small community you could probably just put an add up at the clinic you go to, a few woman will probably contact you. It really has been SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's hilarious!! I'll have to remember to do that next time...or um, change the channel instead of sitting weepy-eyed at those blasted commercials. They should really come up with a commercial that'll pull at the heartstrings of us infertiles...like showing a postive on a OPK and the wife winking or showing some skin to motivate her hubby to get home from work ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You girls are hilarious! I love that we feel the same way...I'll work on some more dialogue, you stay strong!

    ReplyDelete