Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things


Infertility makes for some awkward holiday plans. Yet again, my body has dictated where and when I can travel, and as a result I'm here while my husband is back in the cold climate of the Midwest. Thanksgiving will fall at the same time as my date with a plastic implement, so neither hubby nor I can go visit family during this time. I'm not too worried about it. It's no secret that I despise Nebraska in the winter months (no offence, Huskers), and we'll be back in California in just a few weeks to see my family, so I'm actually unconcerned with the whole situation. In fact, since the hubby is gone for a week, I’m allowed to do all of my favorite things.

Today, I was more productive on a weekend than I have been in a long time. I began knocking two things from my "101 in 1,001" list (learning to crochet a baby blanket for my sister and writing my first novel for NaNoWriMo), got some excellent books from the library, went grocery shopping, baked a coffee cake, and even did some dishes. (If you knew me better, that last task would seem much more impressive.) Ooh! I even bought a copy of 'Ice Castles' at the grocery store for only $5.99 and plan on watching it at least once, perhaps twice in the next seven days.

I'm also waiting for my good friend, CD1, to show up to the girl party. It's been showing up on Saturdays for the last 5 cycles, so I was kinda thinking there was something magical about this day, but I guess the fun is over and now it's back to guessing what day it will start. Sigh. Even though I "knew" that this wouldn't be the month (it's been au-natural thanks to a canceled IUI), my optimism never ceases.

Well, I guess it'll be back to shooting myself with Follistim next week. Hooray! At least now I'll have Robby Benson to keep me company. (Seriously? You don't know who that is? You must watch that movie. It's a classic.)

No comments:

Post a Comment