Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My Happy Place - Admission: $2.50


Sometimes, on days when I feel like my reproductive system is mocking me, I have to go to my happy place. It's sad to think that a steaming cup of peppermint hot chocolate can take the place of a positive pregnancy test, but on a Tuesday, that's about all I can ask for. At about 11:00 today, I had had just about enough of everyone's whining and moaning about the minutae of everyday life. I'm sorry that you didn't get to leave 15 minutes early yesterday because you had to talk to the boss. Yes, it's terrible that someone who has a year less experience than you is making $2,000 more. How awful of that co-worker to ask you to do that menial task. Shame on them.

You know what? I've had 25 straight months of heartbreak…and I don't see an end in sight. Take your problems and shove 'em.

My happy place is in a $2.50 cup of peppermint deliciousness. It's warm, it tastes like heaven, and it lasts about 20 minutes. I close my door, crank the classical music, and let my mind soak up the all of the goodness there is in life. Here's to the little things - like hot chocolate and solitude.

Maybe I'll even pick up another one on the way to start my fourth IUI cycle tomorrow. Wish me luck...and a nice barrista who gives extra whipped cream.

2 comments:

  1. I will keep my fingers crossed for you & follistim!

    Thanks for the comment on my blog!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. At some point or another, we've all had those times when the stress of our fertility struggles calls for an escape...Like you, Patrick & I have been through just over 2 years of ttc. Sometimes I hate the bitter minded person I have become, but I am working on it and learning to cope the best way I can...

    By the way, your peppermint hot chocolate sounds delish...where do you get such a treat?

    Wish you all the best with your 4th IUI...I am just beginning the process of IVF. Looks like we will be stimming together.

    ReplyDelete