Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Happy Un-Birthday to ME!

I should preface this post by repeating: It's not my birthday. It did, however, really feel like it today! No joke - the universe was trying to tell me something today, and that something was: "You are loved and respected, and everything is going to be okay." After yesterday, I needed that.

Seriously. I was about to have a meltdown about how to teach MLA works cited to 11-year olds (damn you, CSAP), when suddenly, one of my students walked in. She had saved a bunch of her Halloween candy for me because we always joke about her being my "adopted daughter" during the holidays because I don't have any kids of my own. Yes, a child actually GAVE me her candy. Adorable! Then, only two hours later, my paraprofessional (whose daughter works at a posh thrift store up north) came in with a bag of ultra-awesome sunglasses and told me I could pick a pair. So, I selected a sweet little pair of Dior (I've never owned anything that I could see in Style Magazine in my life) sunglasses. Amazing! Then, my running buddy and good friend came in and dropped a bag of homemade zucchini bread on my desk. So fresh it was practically warm. Unbelievable! Later in the day, when I emailed everyone at school to ask for nominations for a "cool co-worker" award (I'm president of the Social Committee at work), TWO people wrote back that they wanted to nominate ME! Fantastic! Lastly, my nurse at the RE only had to stick me once instead of twice or three times for my bloodwork (I have a "rolling" vein). Marvelous!

I feel loved. This IUI is going to work. There are too many people rooting for me for it to fail. Come on ovaries, let's get going…

2 comments:

  1. C'mon ovaries indeed!!

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds like you have much love and support around you. Fingers crossed that everything works just as you want (and like you said, you have too many people in your corner for this to fail) Good luck to you.....I will be waiting to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete