Tuesday, April 19, 2011

'S' is for Super, Right?

I took the whole day off today. That's right: when I have more than three instruments being shoved in my hoo-ha per day, I give myself a break.

Today I went in for my fluid contrast ultrasound (hysterosonogram) and a trial embryo transfer. Both were equally scary to begin with, but ultimately pretty painless and simple. The most discomfort I had was due to the fact that I have an S-shaped uterus and things were a little...ahem...tricky. Mr. Doctor had a little trouble getting the catheter into my uterus because there was a hairpin turn in there somewhere. That means that during the actual embryo transfer, they're going to have to put a stitch (a what?!) in my cervix to give them something to "tug" (again, what?!) on in order to straighten things out for a straight shot to my uterus. Whoa, man.

The good news is that my FCUS showed a perfectly clear uterine cavity. No polyps, no strange abnormalities. Hooray!

As usual, my RN was amazing and wonderful. She answered all of my questions and was very candid about the whole upcoming process. I love her. Seriously, when she gets me pregnant, I'm going to buy her dinner...and a movie...and a double-scoop ice cream. Somehow that sounds so weird, and backwards...

Step three: Check. Moving on.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for a "clean" uterus! And, ouch!!! But, that's a good reason for having a mock transfer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are moving right along! Hooray for everything looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad things are looking good! You are amazing and I am constantly inspired by you. :)

    ReplyDelete