Sunday, April 17, 2011

So We Meet Again, Birth Control...

Infertility is nothing but one long running joke. I picked up my birth control pills this weekend...that's right, I said birth control pills. I haven't had to remember to take one of these babies since, oh, 2008. The irony of going on "the pill" now that I am desperate to get pregnant is not lost on me. I remember when I finished my last pack, six months before we got married, in preparation for starting our family. I asked my doctor when I should stop, and she said that giving my body about six months to become 'regular' before trying would be perfect. Perfect. (Sigh.)

On Saturday night, I almost forgot to take my pill, at which point I chastised my husband for failing to remind me.

"You better be careful," I said, "you could get me knocked up!"
"Yikes," he replied, "I better be more careful. What would your dad say?"

It was a funny moment that only a three-years infertile couple could have. Keep the humor alive.

3 comments:

  1. It's funny the ironies that infertility brings!

    Excited for you guys starting on your IVF path!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is ironic, and your banter w/ DH is cute! It sucks, but this is the first big step towards your IVF baby(ies)!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. Definitely a funny moment. I remember the look I got from the pharmacist when I bought birth control pills and pre-natal vitamins at the same time. Oy.

    ReplyDelete