Saturday, April 9, 2011

Step One: Check

Little steps can mean some big things. Usually, I can tell that something big is about to happen when I hear myself talking about it. That's right - I hear MYSELF talking. It's almost as though I tell people that something is happening and then I am pretty much forced to follow through.

Well, we are begining the IVF process. Did you hear that?

Today I went and had my blood drawn for all kinds...and I do mean ALL KINDS (there were eight different sample vials) of blood tests. Plus a urine sample (thought I'd throw that in for extra street cred.) This is step one. There are many more to go, but I am happy to be on the road to giving this whole thing a try. It's time. 'Cause I am tired of taking photos of other people's babies!


Hey, did you know that National Infertility Awareness Week is happening soon? Well, I didn't know that it even existed, so I'm going to check the inter-webs for what I can do to support the cause.

3 comments:

  1. Wishing that you have a successful IVF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you much luck on your IVF cycle! I know what you mean about really *knowing* it when you start talking about it. It just makes it real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NIAW is a pretty awesome concept. I'm contemplating actually "coming out" on Facebook this year during it.

    How exciting that you're getting going on IVF!

    ReplyDelete