Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Welcome to the Party, AF, I've Been Waiting for You...

Step two: Check! I started my cycle today and called my RE's office to schedule my Day 2 FSH test. (Deep breath.) Oh man, this is really happening. All I needed was for AF to show up, and she did…two days early. Next I go in for some bloodwork, start my birth control pills, and dive into a long list of US's and
drugs. I'm ready.

On a side note: I had a complete meltdown at work today after a particularly frustrating professional development meeting. (Are they EVER productive?) One of my co-workers, who is so supportive and kind, stayed back to see if I was okay (even though I thought I was hiding it well), and I just lost it. Cue the waterworks, runny mascara and all.

I really hope everyone has someone they can cry to on these days. Getting it all out - the nerves, the disappointment, the anticipation - was so therapeutic. I'm glad I held it together through the day just to lose it when one person asked. Now that that's over, I'm ready to move on.
Here's to taking another step in the journey toward parenthood!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got to cry to someone about it, too. It makes a huge difference.

    Wishing you lots of luck with the new cycle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This journey can be incredibly emotional. I had a melt down yesterday, I'm blaming it on the fertility drugs. Welcome to the IVF Party. I'm sending postive thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wish I were there go through this with you. Keep calling me and tell me everything. Be brave, little piglet.

    ReplyDelete