Sunday, May 22, 2011

Plans are Stupid

I've had a "Top 10" list for as long as I can remember. Recently, I've started a "101 in 1,001" list that helps me to set lots and lots of little goals to be completed in about three years. It's a lot of fun to check things off and keep myself motivated to get out, do more, and feel proud of what I've done.


But that is really hard to do when you're not allowed to make plans. I was talking to a friend about my list this weekend, and she mentioned that she'd like to help me with two of my goals: #54- Ride our horses up a particular Aspen-laden hill in the fall, and #86 - Go water-skiing on the reservoir near our house. My first instinct was to say, "Heck yeah!", but in the back of my mind, I am hoping with all my heart that I can't do either one of those things this summer. I'd rather be pregnant.

It's cool. I'll just stick to some of my other goals, like: #80 - Camp overnight at the bluegrass fest, #42 - Go to Taos, NM, #61 - Enter a photo in the State Fair, etc. I can do those things no matter what.

Because we all know what #1 is...

2 comments:

  1. You just let me know what we can do together to check off your list, because I think half of your list is on my list, too. And watching Jane Eyre in period attire should definitely be on both our lists. That we can for sure do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing with the lists. I hope you get your BFP this summer.

    ReplyDelete