Thursday, June 2, 2011

Second Big Appointment - Check!

I went in today for my second big appointment of the IVF procedure. Today was the baseline evaluation, where they checked my hormone levels, uterine lining, and ovaries. I was very nervous, because it seems like there are so many things that can go wrong…even this early in the game. But my fears were unfounded, and everything looked good. My FSH level was down to 1.4, and My Estradiol level was down to 20. (In case I haven't mentioned it - my doctor said that I have a hyperthyroid issue, which is why I'm taking Levothyroxine on top of everything else.) I am glad that all systems are go for this IVF. I am just crossing my fingers for the next two weeks to go by without a hitch. I am anxious but excited about the retrieval and transfer…but it seems like so much has to happen - so many injections, pills, and check-ups - before then. And to think that some women do this all naturally…those lucky ducks.

Thanks to those of you who are stopping by my other blog - Casual and Clueless - I appreciate it! I hope that it is a little diversion from the "fun" that is infertility. I know it is for me! And we all need a little diversion now and then.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. I hope this is the cycle for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending all the positive wishes in the world!!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete