Sunday, June 26, 2011

5 Days Past...

Well, it's day 5 of my 1.5ww, and there's not much new to report.

My belly has finally gone back to almost-normal, which is nice. I've also been having a little bit of cramping over the last two days, and I don't know what to think about that. Good sign? Bad sign? Hard to tell. I really wish I could have a definitive sign either way...

You know what else is hard to tell? What kind of care I'm getting at my RE. I've noticed that some women get bloodwork done after their retrieval...I didn't. Is that bad? I have no idea what my hormones where doing the day after my little embryos were taken. I was put on Doxycyclne and Methylpred for a few days after, then started progesterone suppositories and an estradol patch...but no bloodwork. Is this wrong?

I am by nature not a very detail-oriented person. I tend to just go with the flow and trust the people around me to do what is right. But should I have been under more supervision over this last week? How did my RE know that the transfer would be a success even if she's not monitoring my hormone levels? Does it matter? Do I have a penchant for asking questions when it's really too late to matter?

Hmmmm.

3 comments:

  1. Sweetie, you paid a lot of money to have your questions answered. If you want to call and talk to a nurse at your Dr.'s office, you do it.

    Also, a young lady I met went through what you are going through, in the process one of the things she did was decorate her medicine box. Happy positive stuff that made her look at her meds differently. That sounded like you. She was good to talk to. Let me know if you would like her number here in SLO. You'd like her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't have bloodwork done after my retrival either. Hoping this is the cycle for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I had blood work done. I got some done to check progesterone levels after my transfer, but nothing after the retrieval.

    And feel free to ask your clinic. They should be able to give you feedback on your musings as well. I know each clinic is a little different in how they handle their cases, so you should be fine.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete