Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Most Beautiful Thing I've Ever Seen...

...is this little picture right here. I went in for my 6-week ultra-sound on Monday, and this is what I got. A heartbeat.

I was so nervous to go in, because my symptoms (what few there were) seem to be subsiding a little bit. My chest is not as sore (though still about a size and half bigger), though I have been really tired and bloated again.

Nevertheless, as I lay on the table and stared at the screen, this little gem of a blip showed up and, low and behold, a little flashing white dot that was a strong, beautiful, amazing 150bpm heartbeat. That's my baby. She/he's as big as a pencil eraser, but larger than life on that monitor.

5 comments:

  1. Whohoo!! I know I say this on every post of yours lately, but TRY not to worry about your lack of symptoms. It's just the sick, fertility-challenged portion of our brains that WANTS to feel sick, nauseous, sore boobs, etc. Your little one is doing well AND not making Momma so sick - double bonus!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAyayay!!! So beautiful!!!

    And, I said this before, but I'll second Josey's comment. My mother was never sick her entire pregnancy with me. She felt great and really had no symptoms at all. And, then she had a 4 hour labor and out I popped. So, hopefully you're headed for that kind of pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful! Seeing the heartbeat or any ultrasound for that matter is amazing! As soon as I hit 6 weeks, I because a walking zombie, exhausted all the time and morning sickness started in...I'm hoping you don't have to go through that! It's miserable!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved my 'heartbeat' ultrasound! It was so amazing to see that little life growing in there. I am so happy for you!

    MissC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay hooray! I'm so excited for you guys and your little pencil eraser! I really couldn't be happier!!!

    ReplyDelete