Friday, September 9, 2011

I Have My Moments

At work (school), I have my moments of calm, effectiveness, and (dare I say) occasional brilliance. And lately, my classes have been going really well. Things are all coming together in my fourth (yes, it has really taken that long) year of teaching middle school. Classes are running smoothly, the kids are actually writing when asked to...it's good.

But in the last week, I have had my moments.

There was the moment yesterday when the computer lab went haywire in the middle of my kids' quiz, and I went stomping down the hall, ranting about how it's "rediculous" and "shameful" that our computer lab is so woefully inadequate. Then there was the moment on Tuesday when the kids started pouring into my room after lunch a whole 6 minutes too early...and I used very large hand gestures while...ahem...suggesting to the cafeteria monitors that they call the kids back.

My mind is playing tricks on me. Tricks called "crazy." Can I blame this on pregnancy? Or am I just getting weirder as I get older / more comfortable at work? Please discuss.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I say you can blame it on pregnancy. Of course, sometimes I start losing it, too, though, so maybe not. But, I tend to blame it on whatever hormone happens to be running through my veins at the time, so I'd definitely say go for it!! :)

    ReplyDelete