Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Ack!

The other night, I woke up in a panic thinking that there was a shot that I had been forgetting to take for the last few days...a mystery "fourth" drug that didn't really exist. It took me a few minutes to reassure myself that it was all a dream and I've been doing everything right. I think it's safe to say that the last few weeks have been overwhelming. I've had so many questions and have been so thankful for my friends, friends of friends, cousins, and blog buddies who are right there with me in this situation. (How do you all remember to ask the right questions in your appointments? I just come home and read your posts in order to know what's going on with my own IVF.)

But the end is near. I'm preparing for my Pregnyl (trigger) shot tonight at 7:30. Luckily, I have a husband who (I think) tends to relish the mixing / poking / needle process a little too much. Maybe he should have been a doctor? He's going to give me the shot tonight. No more Follistim, Menopur, or Luprolide! Yay!

Then it's smooth sailing on Wednesday and a 4:00 a.m. wake-up call on Thursday morning to drive to Denver for the retrieval.

Thank you all for your finger-crossing and prayers - it's worked so far, let's keep it up! I am so excited...and thinking only positive thoughts.

4 comments:

  1. Sending positive thoughts your way. I'm also crossing my fingers and everything else for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack is right!! Glad that was just a dream.

    Sending lots of good thoughts for you today and tomorrow morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will be great!! Drive safe and if you are anything like me, prepare to be in pain on the day after retrieval. Just updated my blog about retrieval, enjoy! Good luck and you'll be great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so close and I'm so excited for you!

    You are only a like a week behind me! I love having buddies to wait with.

    If you have any questions about what's going on, please feel free to contact me!
    lissmo@hotmail.com

    Good luck with that trigger!

    MissConception

    ReplyDelete