Monday, July 4, 2011

Ask the Experts...

...can you tell how nervous someone is by how many questions they ask?

I had my second beta test today, which was 4 days after my Thursday test, thanks to the weekend. The nurse said my numbers looked "really good" - 603. Doest that seem low to anyone? I thought they were supposed to double every day. Thursday was 101, Friday should have been roughly 200, Saturday 400, Sunday 800 and today about 1,60. No? Yes? I'm gonna have to Google this...

I swear I do sometimes ask my nurses and doctors questions. I was just a little surprised at the number and didn't want to ask because I was driving. (I am not one of those people who can talk and drive - disaster can result.) But when I called back, they didn't answer because (technically) they're all on holiday; I think just one or two people were in the office to do bloodwork.

Sigh. Somebody please reassure me that a 13dp5dt hCG number of 603 is okay. Please! (And then, I swear I will call my RE tomorrow and have her explain the whole thing to me.)

Okay, I just answered my own question. Turns out it doubles every 48-72 hours...not every day. Whew! So I'm right on track, it seems. I found my answers here: hCG Level in Early Pregnancy.

4 comments:

  1. I am not sure, I have never gotten that far before. I would take the nurses words and just let the good news sink in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, those are great numbers. According to my OB, the beta formula isn't doubling even every two days. They are pleased with 65% increase of the previous number... huse, you are totally ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to one of the top RE clinics in the nation, and they want to see a 67%+ increase in 48 hours...doubling is ideal, but anything 67% and higher is "good." I'd say your number is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure your number is just fine! It's hard for me to know since my numbers were crazy high with the twins. I am right there with you though on being nervous. Everything makes me nervous with the new pregnancy.

    I hope we can get through this with some sanity left!

    MissConception

    ReplyDelete