Friday, July 1, 2011

Pinch Me.

It still doesn't feel completely real.

Maybe I'll go out and buy a (brand new) HPT and give myself the satisfaction of seeing those two pink lines.

I still don't really feel much different. Every once in a while my uterus makes itself known - not really a "cramp", but something like it. My chest is still sore, but no identifiable changes as yet.

I really just want to wake up one morning and feel full-blown morning sickness. I think then I will truly feel pregnant. That and I'd like my boobs to grow another cup size. (I've been wanting that to happen for a loooong time.) Maybe then I'll really feel pregnant.

I will admit to you, because you won't tell anyone, that I am one of those crazy people who started collecting baby paraphanelia about 6 months before we started trying (in 2008). Therefore, I have a box of books, baby clothes, and toys in my shed that have never seen the light of day. Today, for the first time in three years, I took out the book "What to Expect When You're Expecting". And for the first time ever, I got to move past 'Chapter 1 - Are You Pregnant?'. Because, dang it, I AM pregnant. I also bought a real bottle of Prenatal vitamins at the store yesterday. (Don't worry, I've been taking a women's multivitamin with folic acid and vitamin D suplements up to this point. My doctor said that was fine.) But it felt so good to go to the register and buy something that pregnant women buy.

I am excited and trying not to be nervous. Every other "normal" woman gets to be excited as soon as she sees the pink lines...and I deserve that, too.

Thank you all for your congrats...I'm excited for myself and for the other ladies who have gotten their good news this month, too.

5 comments:

  1. Just so you know, I went through 8 pregnancy tests the first 3 weeks I found out I was pregnant because I didn't believe it and wanted to keep checking! Lol You are perfectly normal!!! I am super excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thought and one recommendation.

    I never felt pregnant, even at the very end, it was still surreal and I never really FELT pregnant. It didn't hit me until Mac was in my arms that we were having a kid.

    I highly recommend Pregnancy: Day by Day. Its a big hardcover book that gives you, as the title would suggest, day by day updates. For those of us that like more than a weekly update (yes please!) its awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome!! Congrats! Hopefully our July transfer will have the same results! Go look at my page if you are interested in a Baby Binder!

    CONGRATS AGAiN AND AGAIN and AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you! I still don't believe it! It's not real even though I had an ultrasound and everything. I guess it's normal in our situation.

    yay for us!

    MissC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats and gotta love that feeling of seeing those two lines and just knowing that you are pregnant. Enjoy every minute! Stay excited!

    ReplyDelete