Monday, July 25, 2011

That's Right, I'm HOT!

It gets pretty hot here in the summertime - usually around 97 on a good day. Since I am home every day (ahh, the joys of being a teacher), I am subject to whatever temperature it gets. Oh, and I should mention that we've never installed a cooler in our 100+ year-old house. In past summers, I've been just fine. I open the windows in the morning and then close them up when the temp heats up.

Oh, not this summer. After breaking down one day as I was putting cool wash cloths on my face and neck, I told my husband that the heat was literally unbearable. I made him put in a swamp cooler. Life has never been better! Now I can run that baby in the afternoons and the house gets down to a manageable temperature.

Just last night, my husband finally said, "You get hot really easily." Gee, darling, fter six years of not minding the heat, do you think that this summer is a little different for a reason? Is it me, or does pregnancy make you increasingly suseptable to heat? Don't we still technically have a fever of sorts?

For your viewing pleasure, here is a picture of my dog, doing what we do best this summer - taking a nap. She's hilarious.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how you handle that heat at a normal time much less pregnant! I hope you can stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was about dying yesterday in our high 80's. WA doesn't get hot often so it all effects us like crazy. And I was out walking in it.

    So stupid. Thankfully, I remembered my water, but I could barely make it home. I am definately warmer than normal.

    ReplyDelete